Blog #4

I choose second grade because this is the age group of kids I would like to work with. The standard I choose was “LAFS.2.RI.2.5 Know and use various text features (e.g., captions, bold print, subheadings, glossaries, indexes, electronic menus, icons) to locate key facts or information in a text efficiently”. I feel that I have the knowledge needed to implement this standard in a classroom. Since I choose second grade they are learning the basic skills, these are skills that I have had a lot of practice with. I believe I could find some fun ways to make sure my students meet these standards,

I chose second grade math for my class. The resource that I found was an interactive video and lesson about value. There was a video giving the objective at the beginning then went into the lesson. You have to complete each video and step before moving on. I would use this tool in my classroom because it a fun way to learn math. On top of that it also gets students using the computer and learning about technology.

It is important to be a proficient internet searcher as a teacher because you need to find reliable information quickly. One skill that I learned this week was using images to search. Now that I know this, I will defiantly be incorporating this skill into my internet searching. Another trick I learned was to put three dots in between numbers if you’re looking for a range of prices.

Comments

  1. Hello Emily, I really enjoyed reading your post. Can I asked what inspired you to choose 2nd grade as the grade you'd like to teach? Also, utilizing the standard that you chose, I beleive this is for the purposes of grabbing the students' attention. You mention that you could find fun ways to implement the standard which there are various ways you can and I wish you could've stated specifically the ways you'd implement the standard. Great job on your blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #2

Blog #10