Blog Post #9

 

Personally, this semester has been a lot better than other past semesters of distant learning. Due to covid I got used to being online and got a lot more comfortable with distant learning. One big thing that I like about distant learning is that I can work on my own pace at my own time. With work and other things in life this is a huge help. One thing I do not like about distant learning is that you don’t get to interact with your classmates and professors the same way you do in class. When I am a teaching the one thing I plan to do to help improve my students distant learning experience is communication. I think communication is the biggest way to fill the gap lost between in person class and distant learning. Letting your students know that even if you are not there in person with them that you are still there for them.

Open educational resources are educational materials that are open to anyone. The website I linked is a list of open educational resources. The list is organized into different types of resources. There are groups like multimedia and open access books. I went through some of the resources listed and there are some really great materials that I plan to use in my future.

Before these assignments I was familiar with power point but did not use all of the resources that I did on these. I have had teachers in the past post voice recordings on their PowerPoint but never knew how to do them myself. I do not like listening to myself talk so I was not a fan of recording myself speaking. I also learned a lot making the PowerPoint interaction assignment. I never knew how to make it to where you can go to another slide from clicking on a button on the slide. I did jeopardy so I had to make it where you could click on all the numbers.

https://pitt.libguides.com/openeducation/biglist

 





 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #2

Blog #10